Covid testing for cruise travel requirements vary by port of departure and your age group. Below are the published requirements for select ports. We are continually adding, monitoring and adjusting information on testing requirements as public health standards and government regulations evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements for their port of departure before sailing.
REQUIRED TESTING FOR ALL GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS INCLUDING SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing
Before boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense.
- Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
- Unvaccinated kids aged 2 to 11 must show a negative test result taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.
- Unvaccinated kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
- Learn more about how to calculate which days you can take your test.
- Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
If you’re traveling to the U.S. from another country, you’ll also need to take a PCR or antigen test to enter the U.S.
For guests on a cruise that visits Bermuda, additional travel and testing requirements may apply to your sailing.
Unvaccinated Kids Age 2-11: Additional Complimentary Covid Testing For Cruise Travel
In addition to the pre-cruise test, unvaccinated kids will take one or two more tests, depending on the length of the cruise. Cruise ship’s test provider will administer these, at no cost to our guests.
- On boarding day, unvaccinated kids will take a complimentary Covid testing for cruise travel when checking in at the terminal. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.
- For cruises that are 5 nights or longer, unvaccinated kids will take a complimentary antigen test onboard before the cruise ends. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.
- For one-way cruises from Seattle, Washington disembarking in Canada, unvaccinated kids age 2-11 will take an antigen test within 1 day of arrival. Guests will be notified onboard how to register for this test.
Guests under the age of 2 have no testing requirements.
Trips longer than 10 nights may have additional Covid testing for cruise travel requirements
Alaska Cruisetour Guests: Required Pre-Tour Testing
Cruise ship guests participating in a Southbound Cruise Tour from Seward, Alaska will need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, before the land-tour portion of your Cruisetour.
- Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before the day the land tour starts. Kids 11 and younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
- Unvaccinated kids aged 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before the day the land tour starts. Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-Cruisetour test.
Southbound Cruise tour guests will also need to complete the pre-cruise testing to board the ship in addition to the pre-tour testing. Vaccinated guests are advised to bring a rapid antigen test kit with them on their Cruisetour to meet the pre-cruise testing requirement. For vaccinated guests without a test kit or unvaccinated kids age 2-11 in need of a PCR test, a testing provider in Anchorage will be available to test guests at their own expense. Details on how to register for testing in Anchorage will be provided by your Cruisetour guide.
My Wellness Firm offers rapid antigen tests for wholesale purchase as well as rapid onsite testing for your pre travel needs.
My Wellness Firm’s services include workplace flu clinics, workplace flu vaccination providers, rapid Covid testing for employees and Covid testing for events, wholesale rapid antigen tests, the physical exam for employment, as well as American Heart Association CPR certification classes. Founded by local Firemen, The Wellness Firm has been providing a safer Tampa Bay since 2006. Call or contact us via E-mail today for more information on Covid testing for cruise travel and be sure to check out our 5-star reviews.